How to use spirulina face mask to rejuvenate your skin
Spirulina, a naturally occurring blue-green algae which forms of the surface of lakes, boats many benefits for the skin. Often taken as a dietary supplement, Spirulina is powder or tablet form nourishes your body from the inside out.
One great choice, positively brimming with nutrients and antioxidants, is spirulina. It has time-tested popularity and users have found consistently that spirulina does wonders for the body.
1. Health benefits
1. Fight Candida
2. Improves Symptoms of Allergic Rhinitis
3. Lower Cancer Risk, Especially Oral Cancer
4. No More Environmental Allergies
5. Controlled Blood Sugar Levels
6. Improved Muscle Strength and Endurance
7. Detoxify Your Skin & Soothe Atopic Dermatitis
8. Lowers cholesterol levels
2. Spirulina good for skin
Spirulina also works wonders on dull and congested skin as it gently detoxifies and encourages cell renewal. Rich in nutrients, vitamins and both fatty and amino acids, Spirulina decreases inflammation, tones the skin and encourages cell turnover to promote a more youthful-looking complexion.
3. Spirulina face mask
With so many benefits of this miracle ingredient on the skin, it becomes important for anyone to use it. By encouraging the shedding of dead skin cells, it helps to maintain a healthy, lit-from-within glow.
Here is how to make an easy mask for a younger looking and glowing skin.
This mask can bring a noticeable difference to your skin in a faster and effective way. In addition to the benefits of spirulina, adding the honey helps in hydrating the skin while healing it with the antioxidants present in it. Here is how to prepare the mask.
You will need
Spirulina powder – 1 tbsp
Raw honey – 1 tbsp
* Take a clean bowl and mix the two ingredients together to form a paste.
* Use a brush to apply it evenly to your skin.
* Let it stay for at least 18-20 minutes.
* Use a washcloth and warm water to rinse.
* Pat dry and apply some moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated.
You can add a mashed ripe banana to the mixture to fade dark spots on the skin. Great, you will have a relaxing moment, the spa at home.
by Niti Friedlander